Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My new HD2



OK, so I took the plunge this past weekend as T-Mobile was running the "Father" of all sales to celebrate Father's Day weekend. All phones were free for new family plans and existing lines either had substantial discount or were free as well in exchange for two more years.

After admiring the HTC HD2 from afar, I finally made up my mind and called my local T-Mobile retail store and asked for them to set one aside for me "just in case" I had time to come in on Saturday. I had only seen one before and played with it briefly in the same store but was very impressed with the 4.3" screen and the build quality of the device. As far as I can tell, the iPhone 2, 3, and 4 have nothing on HTC when they set their mind to building an world class phone.

After signing the paperwork on Saturday it has been a few days and I am still glad I got it but it has a few flaws that have been well documented mostly blamed on Windows Mobile 6.5. The Sense UI is fine bPublish Postut I have had problems with the Opera browser, e-mail integration for Gmail and my work IMAP account, as well as the lack of Google integrated apps (but that's why I have five other Android phones, whatev).


I mainly use it as a portable WiFi router. Since T-Mobile is one of the last bastions along with Sprint for unlimited 3G data it works great as a mobile hotspot for my iPad and netbook. Since T-Mobile's coverage is really good in major metropolitan areas it usually is not an issue when traveling and you would be hard pressed to not find a McDonald's and Starbucks for free WiFi for ATT DSL customers like me.

Well there you have it, another toy but this one is highly useful and was definitely the right price ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment